Thursday, July 23, 2009

Sailing Down the Moonbeam


I LOVE IOWA. Tonight, I met Mary Gottschalk, the author of "Sailing Down The Moonbeam". It's her memoir about living in New York, leaving on a sailboat for a five-year journey with her husband -- and then -- well -- she told me I had to buy the book to learn the rest of the story. AND I CAN HARDLY WAIT.
Mary is in Iowa City attending a class at the Iowa Writer's Festival. I met her during dinner with our mutual friend, Carol (see her book below). Two fascinating women!! And we had a great meal at the Motley Cow. We could have talked all night long. The conversation was so intense -- we didn't get around to wondering how the restaurant ended up with that name. Humm....you've gotta wonder...
The Iowa Writer's Festival is a first-class-event-to-make-you-think. Next year -- be sure to SIGN UP FOR A CLASS!! Hey -- it was in a Blogging class at the Festival where I learned how to do this. (don't worry - the quality of the Festival is in no way reflected by my amatuerish blog.)
A big THANK YOU to everybody who works so hard to make the Writer's Festival happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment