Sunday, August 9, 2009

End of Summer 2009




This is a picture of my husband's August golf outing. These eight guys have been having monthly golf outings for over 20 years. Last Sunday it was my turn to cook for them -- so I made Easter dinner.
THE SUMMER IS OVER!! I simply cannot believe it. My cousin Kim manages a Jr. High kitchen, and this morning, at 5:00 AM -- she went back to work. That relentless school calendar always lets us know when summer is officially over. And every year, we think the same thing...
HOW CAN THE SUMMER ALREADY BE OVER?? Time moves SO FAST...
But. hey -- just as I was getting all misty-eyed, I remembered -- I don't even like summer. I hate the sweltering heat, mosquitos, tv reruns, swimming suits (I especially hate swimming suits), and I have seldom taken a summer “vacation”.
So, sitting here this morning, thinking about poor Kim – I realized I have absolutely no reason to be sad. Sure – Kim is sad -- she has to go back to work. BUT I’VE BEEN WORKING ALL ALONG.
Duh!! GET OVER IT, RITA…Fall is my favorite season.
(Clearly -- blogging pictures is presenting a challenge for me. First, I could not figure out how to remove one picture and replace it with another -- and then, I could not figure out how to "drag & click" the text...I'm forced to publish this post with an upside-down photo. But, so it wouldn't be quite so annoying for you -- I did reduce it to the size of a pea. Just pretend it's not there. I'm headed back to the tutorial pages...)

No comments:

Post a Comment