Friday, August 21, 2009

ON WEEK ONLY -- Vintage Pattern Link



People, people -- this is soo much fun!!
Carol (who was in the picture of the GO RED show, with her Mom -- see earlier post) -- sent me this email
Hi Rita,
Just thought you might be interested in passing along this link to the URI library for patterns that have been archived. It goes back to 1854. They have opened up access, for one week, in which people can view and download patterns and images. It's an excellent site for those who enjoy vintage patterns and designs. This was originally posted on the 19th, so that's when the week of viewing started. The user name to access the account is "guest" and the password is "pattern". I am in pattern heaven! :) I thought your readers might be interested. :)http://www.uri.edu/library/special_collections/COPA/index.php

Happy viewing,

Carol
*******
I just spent a blissful hour on that website, searching vintage patterns -- the illustrations are incredible. It is SO MUCH FUN...but you've gotta be quick. I think it's only open to the public for a few more days. THANKS, CAROL!!

1 comment:

  1. Rita,

    I am so glad you had fun visiting that site. I am trying to spend most of my extra time there, downloading many of the images. This really is pattern heaven!

    Enjoy,

    Carol

    ReplyDelete