Thursday, September 17, 2009

Bathroom Redo, part #2

Linda and I were very pleased with our mad tile skills.

However -- when I went shopping for a matching shower curtain -- there was nothing suitable or interesting.

As much as I love to sew -- I didn't want to mess with all those gromets. Then -- at Target, I found a white cotton shower curtain with lots of little all-shades-of-blue squares. Hey -- that's a good start! All I have to do is figure out a way to ADD THE TAN. Lucky I sew, eh?

I cut it apart and added a 4" panel of tan fabric at the top and a wider tan piece at the bottom. Just to make it interesting, I inserted 3 layers of my favorite thing -- T-SHIRT FRINGE...

It is spectacular!! At the bottom hem, I haven't cut the "fringe" yet -- maybe I'll do that today...


2 comments:

  1. Jan (from the Jeans Challenge) sent this comment:
    Wow! What a job! Love your tile and then of COURSE the shower curtain!! With "rita fringe"!!! Very neat! We built our house about 4 years ago, and I got a whim to do a mosaic in our master bath walk in shower - our contrator and tileman cringed!! I'll show 'em! So I went and bought some tile, got a big mallet from steve, and had at it!! I did a layout on a 4'x8' piece of plywood in our garage - I was gonna go BIG! I smashed that tile up and layed it back out in a tree almost 4' tall and when they arrived on Monday, they were soooooo surprised!!! I ended up doing 9 mosaics in the house! ha ha ha! jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita -- wrote back to Jan:

    SEND PICTURES!! My niece is doing her bathroom right now, and I LOVE the idea of a mosaic.

    ReplyDelete