Friday, September 4, 2009

Bonne & Jan's Expo Tradition


As you know by now -- Bonne is the one on the left and Jan is the one on the right. Here's what you don't know. Bonne is "conservative" -- and Jan is "wild and crazy". That's what makes their sewing challenges so interesting. Bonne enjoys a tailored, classic look. Whereas Jan lives to take things over the top. She adds miles of thread, then lots of beads, charms and trim -- maybe even some piping. When she has that moment, where she worries that she's gone too far -- she pushes through and makes a matching purse and maybe a bra for good measure. (I'm making up the thing about the bra...but it would not surprise me).
But, for this recycled jeans project -- I wonder if they decided to "switch it up". I mean -- can it be true that Jan is actually DONE?? And Bonne is the one "acquiring" secret elements in plain brown envelopes?? Something seems a little out of order at this point...
***********
Bonne writes,
Every evening after all the Expo events are over (as well as any stops at Pacific Fabrics or Quilt Barn after hours) we head back to our hotel for show and tell. We get to share what we learned in our seminars, as well as what treasures each of us discovered and purchased. Besides -- that way Jan doesn't get home with something really cool that I missed!!!! - I can go back the next day and get my own

Off to spend the evening on my ultimate recycled jeans jacket!!!! Bonne
***********
HEY -- keep up the good work!! Expo needs all the super-shoppers we can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment