Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Bonne's Four-Letter Word: So-It

Hey there Rita,

First, my four letter word: so-it!

When you invited us to participate in this fun challenge I was really excited! This was right up my alley, I have been collecting and using old jeans since I first saw Luveta's booth at Expo. I was really liking the way my jacket was going - all the topstitching, embroidery, hot fix crystals, snaps, recycled labels and tags, etc..

Then it hit me! I'm going against two very creative women!!! I decided I needed to be like Emeril and "kick it up a notch". What I needed was some "BAM", something unexpected. Your wonderful YaYa sister, Mary Mulari, was kind enough to send me some "BAM" from her personal stash. Remember the envelope? She included gold tone safety pins that I interspersed with hot fix crystals on the sleeves, there were bits of fun ribbon that I used on the pockets, and of course her renowned ponytail holders that I wove together and highlighted with twilight thread to make ponytail holder trim for the jacket back. But wait...it doesn't stop there. On the inside of the jacket I used printer fabric to include a message from Mary! A very special thanks to Mary for graciously playing along. Now at this point Jan ups the stakes with her matching bra, but tried as I might I just couldn't go there LOL!!!

Thanks Rita for inviting us to do this challenge - I have had an absolute BALL!!! Not to mention all the laughs and giggles. I can't wait to see what you and Jan came up with!

See you at EXPO! Bonne



****************
TOMORROW is the big reveal!! I'll put up three separate "posts"....one for Bonne, one for Jan, and one for me. ITS TIME FOR ME to get busy finishing my challenge...

No comments:

Post a Comment