Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Rita's jeans redo hint


Like all really fun sewing projects -- the "thinking" and "planning" is the most difficult stage. My restyled blue jeans project is no exception. I thought I was going to do one thing -- and it turns out -- I'm headed in a completely different direction.
Although I was stalled for a long time -- having a deadline is a very useful thing for me. Y'know -- like, when you're sewing for a wedding, or a Christmas project...having that date when you MUST finish...it just gets the creative juices going. One of my very good friends, Eileen Roche, the editor of Designs in Machine Embroidery magazine -- taught me the important lesson that "done" is a worthwhile goal -- whereas "perfect" is a waste of time.
Then, too, there was Jan sending a snarky email about the fact that SHE IS ALREADY DONE. A week before the deadline? REALLY? You're right, Bonne -- she's quite an overachiever.
I DO have my four-letter project description all figured out, tho. HEY -- that took longer than you might think.
Anyway -- I don't want to give it all away...but, as it turns out, my porch pillow is a gigantic hint -- in ways you can only imagine...
P.S. As a reminder -- our big unveiling is NEXT WEDNESDAY. September 9. And I'd also like to remind everybody that I haven't actually "worn" a pair of blue jeans for over 20 years. Seriously. It's a good thing I lost 100 pounds in preparation for this momentous occasion, eh??

No comments:

Post a Comment