Tuesday, September 29, 2009

TEDDY BEARS & DOLLS

Okay -- these are not the best pictures -- I had to use my cellphone camera. But I HAD TO SHOW YOU....
Bert & I went to an estate sale that was absolutely, totally, completely amazing. The woman collected dolls and teddy bears. And every room of the house was jam-packed full. We were incredulous at her massive collection. Maybe 500 teddy bears (especially Teddy Roosevelt bears) and probably that many dolls as well.

And she had doll-sized furniture. Chippenddale upholstered little sofas, and chairs. Mission Oak little tables and chairs. Wicker sets, wooden sets -- an amazing assortment.

If I can figure out how to get those pictures OFF MY CELLPHONE -- I'll post them as well. I kept thinking about my friend Debra Justice...you would have gone NUTS at this sale, babe...

Bert did manage to buy 20 butter molds. NO KIDDING!!

Sorry -- these are some really crappy pictures...but you get the idea!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I wish I was there! They look awesome!

    Just out of curiosity - because I'm Canadian and all - what does someone do with 20 butter moulds?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, Debra! You don't have to be Canadian to ask that question....of course, you'll have to wait for an answer until I can talk to Bert...but I think it has almost nothing to do with the actual butter itself...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so funny!!!

    To get photos off of your phone, you need to set up your own email in your contacts. (Add others' emails as well and send at the same time.)

    Somewhere it will tell you to 'send' them because the phone knows it is a photo and - well, photos don's talk. . . .

    Send them to yourself (your email).

    Love you lots, those dolls may be considered clutter by some, but I can see the beauty all the way in southern CA.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete