Saturday, October 24, 2009

12-year old Sewing Enthusiast

Writing this blog means I get to meet the MOST INTERESTING PEOPLE..!! In a recent email, a woman wrote some comments about the blog and told me her daugher loved to sew. We are ALWAYS interested in what the younger set is sewing -- so, of course, I asked for pictures!!

What a beautiful wool suit. I never made buttonholes that looked that good...


And I love this picture -- what great lines for her black coat. I don't know if she used a pattern or designed it herself -- but this couldn't have been easy. What it is, at the end of the day -- is BEAUTIFUL and unique!




I saved my favorite for last...


Really? doesn't that look like armhole facings? And a bias edging around the skirt? REMEMBER -- SHE'S TWELVE, PEOPLE!!!

I'm telling you -- she puts me to shame. And her favorite part of sewing?? HEMMING BY HAND...



1 comment:

  1. I love it! It is sad that more young people are not able to enjoy the art of sewing.
    I'm not saying that we should bring back home-ec to the schools, but we should all try to introduce girls to the home-arts, to make up for the lack of basic sewing that was previously taught in home-ec.

    This young lady certainly has the skill and if she chooses, could make it a career

    ReplyDelete