Friday, October 23, 2009

Happy Birthday ROSS

This post is mostly a Birthday Card for my first baby's 32nd birthday. (I MEAN -- YOU'VE GOTTA LOVE THE INTERNET, EH?)

Dear Ross,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Did you get the package yet? I sent it on Wednesday...you know me....late as usual. SORRY... There's about a 30% chance you'll receive our gift on your birthday.

SO -- just so you know we ARE thinking about you on your special day -- I wanted to show you some of the pictures we took of YOU this year.

First of all -- If taking pictures is the measure of a mother -- I failed miserably. I like to think we were too busy LIVING our life to photograph it. But, since you gave me my nifty little Sony Cybershot digital camera (a wonderful gift!) -- I'm doing WAY BETTER.

Emily took a picture of us during a rare restaurant meal...


Here you are last fall, (you can tell exactly when it happened from the TV ad in the background)playing with Cash-in-a-bucket. I appreciate how you always make a special effort to see Amy & Nicole's kids whenever you come home for a visit...so do they...



You have ALWAYS been a sucker for a dog (in this case -- TWO dogs).

Cash, sitting on your lap. I often tell the story about when he was born and Amy named him Cash. You did not approve of the name Cash...(if the child had actually been named after Johnny Cash -- THAT would have been acceptable). So, you called him Juan Pablo for the longest time. (he still answers to that...)
This is a picture from last Christmas. Our fabulous 2008 fake Christmas tree. We loved it...
Not a great picture -- but I love the fact that Emily (Elliott's wife -- in the background) gave the family tickets to the IMAX theater last year for Christmas. GREAT gift, eh? You and Elliott and now Emily are VERY thoughtful gift-givers. In this picture, Emily is six months pregnant...


This is my most recent picture of you, Ross -- holding our first grandbaby, Lillian! I love the way life moves on. You both look absorbed in thought. Like, maybe you're thinking, "she is the most beautiful baby girl I've ever seen"...


And Lillian is thinking, "WOW. ISN'T HE THE GREATEST UNCLE EVER??!!"

Or, maybe she's thinking, "I wonder if he knows he forgot to shave?"


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ROSS. I remember the day you were born like it was yesterday. And if it were possible, I'd make some hickory nut cookies in your honor...

We love you -- and -- the check is in the mail, bud...

No comments:

Post a Comment