Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Anne, my young sewing friend

I believe my well-being depends on spending at least ONE DAY EACH WEEK visiting with a friend. On this occassion -- I got together with my young-mom-sewing-star friend, Anne. Actually, she's an engineer in her work life -- but her biggest job is being the amazing mother of twins (remember Sam & Sarah in their Halloween costumes?).

What a delightful lunch we had! At Mondo's -- the best restaurant in Iowa City. I brought the fabulous, never-used IOWA tablecloth. Anne's twins, Sarah & Sam, are almost 7 years old, and Anne will teach them Iowa History and factoids just like her Mom taught her -- via the tablecloth. This one still had it's original little paper sticker that reads "Hemmed by the blind women of Iowa."


I also gave Anne a set of heart-shaped placemats WITH napkins. (Mary Mulari and Gail Brown would be soo proud of me!) When I stumbled onto them in a recent box of treasure from an auction, I immediately knew they should go to a house with young children where holiday traditions would include SPECIAL TABLE LINENS...


Not to be outdone -- Anne brought a Goodwill gift for me, too. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?? A little zebra-striped skirt (with attached pantaloons) for Lillian. Not to worry -- THERE WILL BE PHOTOS at a later date. Hopefully, Lillian will be here for Thanksgiving.

When I walked into the restaurant -- carrying my linen treasures in the Hey Rita Bag -- Anne's first question was "TELL ME ABOUT YOUR BAG!" In a future post I'll show what the three of us did AFTER the great lunch!!

And, Hey, Anne -- GOOD FOR US for stealing away for a coupla hours. I LOVED IT, LOVED IT, LOVED IT....your kids are soooo lucky to have you!!

1 comment:

  1. I too own that tablecloth, but I've lost the little paper tag. Thanks for posting! (I've pulled it out for my official Caucus Flag, proud Iowan living in California now!)

    ReplyDelete