Monday, November 16, 2009

Baby Avery

A couple of weeks ago, we had a baby shower for Brenda. To review, she is married to Toby, who is my sister Deena's son. Their first baby is due in November. ANY MINUTE NOW. Brenda is the one who is decorating her nursery with bandanas -- remember?

Well, since then, I got the picture of the sock monkey cake. (Chad made the cake -- he is Toby's brother). I was pretty sure I had a picture of little Avery with her beloved sock monkey.

So, I went back -- here'a group shot from the baby shower...we had already eaten lunch and opened the gifts. (everybody was still there except for my cousin Kim and her Mom...)

Becky (Chad's wife) is holding her daughter Avery, pregnant guest-of-honor, Brenda, holding the Hey Rita Tote, then our Emily (married to our son Elliott) then Madeline (Avery's sister) and pegnant Kelcy (holding Lillian). Don't the children all look DELIGHTED to be there?

This is the best shot I have of Avery and her sock monkey. Although, at this moment in time, it doesn't seem to be much of a comfort to her, does it? Believe me, she is usually a VERY HAPPY BABY...


I love the idea of a child having that "comfort thing". And every Grandma wants to MAKE that one thing the baby ends of loving to death. Lots of babies get comforted by a certain blanket, or attached to the satin edges. Apparently, with baby Avery -- it's going to be ALL ABOUT THE SOCK MONKIES...

No comments:

Post a Comment