Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Table Linens

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! This is the holiday that is MOST about the right stuff. Really. Food, family, special table linens. Enjoy it!! AND TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES. I always forget to take a picture BEFORE we sit down at the beautiful table. My mother's embroidered tablecloth, Aunt Rozella's silver....

When it comes to pictures -- I wish I had done a better job when my boys were growing up...there were so many little moments that happened but because I couldn't work a camera -- they're lost forever...

When I recently had lunch with my young-Mom-friend, Anne from Cedar Rapids (remember her twins in their halloween costumes?) -- we exchanged Goodwill gifts. How could you forget the zebra striped outfit she gave me for Lillian?

I gave her the Iowa tablecloth and a set of heart-shaped placemats. Because I knew she would have fun setting a special Valentine's table. But Anne decided she couldn't wait that long. THAT very night, she went home and set the table with the heart shaped placemats.



She sent me this email:

"Last night was a big hit. I didn’t get the hamburger out of the freezer in time, so we opted for pancakes. Sam told Sarah, “Seriously we’re having pancakes for supper!” Sarah came to the table set with the hearts, “Oh, I want to hug my placemat!” She proceeded to take her placemat from under the plate and hug it. I was even told that these pancakes were the best ever. (I don’t think Bisquick has changed the formula.)"


Here's the thing about a moment. You NEVER know when you're gonna have one. Which is why you MUST HAVE A CAMERA...thanks for sharing this one, Anne. Maybe life really is all about pancakes for supper on heart shaped placemats...

Good job, Anne...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING everybody!!

No comments:

Post a Comment