Thursday, January 28, 2010

Chair Dressed for Christmas

Underneath it all -- this chair is a very ugly brown floral velvet. If you remember -- I had it dressed for the 'Fourth of July". Most of the year, it wears an abstract printed shirt...

THIS is the holiday garb. the vest is a size 3X that doesn't fit me anymore...and the turtleneck underneath has a couple of stains...
Festive, eh? I'm about ready to DE-CHRISTMAS the house. For me, that means putting away the rugs and the mugs. And dress the chair in something new and different -- I haven't quite decided. I decorated the ottoman with a Christmas towel...so it's not going to be all that difficult to "de-Christmas"...

On second thought -- what's the big hurry? I've been so busy with the Sew Expo stuff -- I'm thinking of just hanging some red hearts on the Christmas Tree...HEY -- it would be fun to celebrate Valentine's Day, eh?

3 comments:

  1. OMG! What a cute idea! I would have never thought of literally dressing a piece of furniture. Love it!
    Laura in Puyallup

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting, Laura. I've been dressing that chair for years. It's been a fun thing to do with the fabulous Size 3X clothes that don't fit me anymore..! See you at the show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Rita, I've been so busy on my pink & red projects, I have not had time to check the blogs.

    I think you should keep up the tree. Put some pink hearts on there, as well as the red ones, that way, you can keep the tree up until AFTER Sew Exo....just trying to help you out here. :)

    See you at the show,

    Carol

    ReplyDelete