Monday, December 14, 2009

GMB Cookie Day

Saturday morning. My friend Bert. And auctions. More for me to be grateful for...

On Saturday, December 12 -- my favorite auctioneers -- the GMB crew -- had a big estate sale in Dewitt, Iowa.

But the BEST thing about this particular auction was that it was COOKIE DAY. Hooray!! Once a year, as a thank you to us -- their loyal customers -- they BRING 10,000 homemade cookies and Christmas candies. They must bake for weeks to put on this HUMONGOUS spread...and they keep putting more cookies out, for hours and hours...it's free cookies...holiday table linens and Christmas sweaters everywhere you turn.



I wish I had a picture of the whole crew. But they were too busy running the auction. (truthfully, I was pretty busy eating cookies.) I did manage this candid shot of Ruby, who was in the middle of restocking the brownies...


This is my favorite moment of the day. Bert & I only wear our twin purple moon boots if there is a foot of snow on the ground, and it's REALLY cold...here we are...doing one of our favorite Saturday morning things...in DeWitt, at an auction catching up with each other's week.



Many years ago -- we bought the purple boots at a big sale -- something like "buy two pair and we'll pay you". clearly, neither one of us has ever been a slave to fashion....it's really the best thing about us....

No comments:

Post a Comment