Sunday, January 17, 2010

Cleaning the basement

FOR THE RECORD. And -- IN THE INTEREST OF FULL DISCLOSURE. I may soon be appearing on an episode of the TLC Hoarder show...

This is what my basement looks like, on a typical day. I took these pictures right before Mary's December visit:

In the next picture, you can see a corner of the pool table -- sticking out -- barely...the pool table is piled high with treasure. Mostly from thrift stores. A lot of sweaters to recycle, t-shirts that crack me up -- clothes that fit me, or at least -- they USED to...ugh...

I VOWED to myself that I would clean the basement before Mary's visit. AND -- I did TAKE OUT SEVENTEEN BAGS....back to the Goodwill store....some right to the dumpster...as you can imagine...
My goal was to take Lillian's picture, sitting on the pool table, wearing a Christmas dress. I forgot to take her picture in the dress. But here she is -- AFTER Christmas -- sitting on a Christmas rug. Hey, I was close people...

The thing is -- I FORGOT TO TELL MY FAMILY I was clearing off the pool table. lol. So, nobody went down there. Not a single game of pool was played. Bummer. All my work was never acknowledged or appreciated....Oh well.

At least I get to TELL YOU ABOUT IT, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment