Friday, January 29, 2010

Project Runway

Project Runway is BACK...and it's amazing! They're giving us our Michael Kors -- and our Nina Garcia!! THEY ARE IN NEW YORK CITY -- HOME AT LAST...

I tuned in the last two weeks, DE-lighted to have my Heidi & Tim coming into the living room...


Last season, I tried to blog about every episode -- I can hardly remember when I had THAT KIND OF TIME!! LOL...With the Puyallup Sewing & Stitchery Expo just one month away....I can't commit to that.

But I could not resisst commenting on the "potato sack" challenge (episode #2). A GREAT CHALLENGE. I LOVED IT. The quality of the outfits was simply amazing. I would have given the win to the first outfit in the collage. But they picked the black one...which was also a strong contender.

So, okay, there could be some reasonable discussion about which outfit was actually the BEST outfit. True enough.

But there was NEVER ANY DOUBT ABOUT THE WORST THING THAT WALKED DOWN THE RUNWAY. Ping wrapped burlap around her model, leaving the sides gaping open (because she does NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO SEW A WAISTBAND)...The gaping sides made the model look like she had saddlebags....and in the back, the center seam was held together with safety pins...and her butt was hanging out for all the world to see...

In the first challenge, Ping wrapped her model in rectangles of fabric -- and the judges acted like they were smitten with her 'creativity".

It is absolutely unbelievable that PING did not get sent home after she abused that potato sack... Are you kidding me?

THEY KEPT PING...and sent home the design school teacher (Pamela?) who did an impeccable job of hombre dying her fabric?

Ugh...I have nooo idea what the judges were thinking.

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO BELIEVES PING SHOULD HAVE HER OWN REALITY SERIES CALLED "The Emperor's New Clothes"??

No comments:

Post a Comment