Thursday, January 21, 2010

Window Valance

You've seen this room before. It's my "guest room". After the boys moved out of the house -- I used all the cans of paint in my basement, had a party and painted the room a lot of crazy colors. Then, I furnished it with garage sale finds, including a table for my jig saw puzzles, and an "extended twin" bed. When the boys visit, we would jokingly say, "we don't want them to be TOO comfortable."

However -- after Elliott & Emily brought the adorable Lillian into our lives -- we bought a full size bed -- so they would stay longer. yeah, crazy -- I know...

There are two big windows in this room -- and one day -- at the Goodwill store -- I found this valance for only $3.38. YES! I call this "Ritaluck"...The fabric is black background, pink, yellow and orange dots -- trimmed with pink fringe. SERIOUSLY...




I put it above one of the windows. The other window had to settle for a string of plastic-flower-lights. The picture is bad -- but trust me -- the lights are magnificant!!

YES -- THAT'S SNOW on the tree outside the window...WHAT WOULD I BE DOING THIS WINTER IF I WASN'T BLOGGING??

I shudder to think.

No comments:

Post a Comment