Monday, April 5, 2010

A Hard Rug

Okay -- my love of rugs is well-established. "rugs & mugs" is my Christmas decorating theme. One of my favorite things in my house is my abstract area rug, which lives in our living room during the summer...



As much as I LOVED, loved, loved redecorating our screened in porch the last couple of years -- it was not really finished until I found the PERFECT ZEBRA RUG to anchor everything...



(yes, I know the picture is sideways -- but you get the idea...and this PUTTING PICTURES IN A BLOG THING isn't as easy as you might think...)

Anyway -- during the "DIG" of my little room (which started-off-as-a-nursery, then-a sewing-room, then-John's-den, then-Rita's-home-office, most-recently-a-warehouse-for-junk, now back-to-a-nursery..) I unearthed the black & white linoleum rug I made so that I could ROLL my desk chair from the desk over to the embroidery machine.

Here's a picture....this was SUCH A GREAT IDEA.



I used a piece of 4'x8' masonite...and simply applied some cheap stick-on black and white tiles. I LOVE IT...

Even though I no longer need a rolling office chair in this room...I might decide to leave the hard rug in place...I'll keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment