Sunday, May 16, 2010

Burdastyle.com

In New York City -- on my MONDAY -- I ended up at one of my favorite spots -- Rockefeller Center! You KNOW how much I love this part of the city. But I have never had the privilege of actually visiting a REAL office...until this wonderful day...the shoes belong to: (from the top, clockwise)...Lynn Browne (Coats & Clark), Alden Davis (Burdastyle), Rita Farro, Carol Chow (Burda) and Ann Sagawa.




Here's a full body shot of the five of us: Rita, Ann, Carol, Alden and Lynn.


Coats & Clark offices are in North Carolina -- but Lynn happened to be in NYC for a color conference. It is fascinating to hear how they develop the color palette for thread, ladies. Maybe one day Lynn could be a guest blogger and let us in on the secrets of how they determine what color the future is...



We took the subway (Rockefeller Center has it's own subway stop!) downtown -- all the way to the Bowry. The Burda crew had reservations for Pulino's -- a fabulous New York City pizza place...the interior was SO MUCH FUN. Our table was actually made out of copper. Most of my pictures are fuzzy...but you get the idea...

One of my favorite pictures of the day -- Alden, standing in front of the Burdastyle "stash". Oh, yes, WE ARE SISTERS...!!

In a future post -- I'll tell you about the SURPRISE PERSON I ran into at Burdastyle...a Project Runway Designer...I squealed with delight...


Maybe you can figure it out if you go to their website. If you haven't already joined -- DO IT NOW. Burdastyle is THE hot spot on the internet for sewing action. They have a huge community -- and you can get lots of free tips and project ideas -- it's fun to follow the "challenges". And the one they did with us (for the 2010 Coats & Clark Charity Event) was the BIGGEST EVER...


Just wait to see what we're cooking up for next year, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment