Tuesday, May 18, 2010

MySkutch.com

Okay, okay -- this is sooo exciting!! On my last day in New York City -- AS YOU KNOW -- I stood for 2 1/2 hours to get the Hey Rita tote on the TODAY SHOW. My place "on the fence" was right next to Edward Vollrath -- who invented "My Skutch". To read his story -- go to the website: myskutch.com


In this picture, you see Meredith wearing the yellow skutch on camera. DID YOU SEE HER?? This was such a thrilling moment for Ed...he's risked everything on bringing this product to the market...and I was soooo delighted when Meredith put it on....
In the next picture, you see Edward and his cousin Phil (I think) -- they brought gift bags (with two skutches each) for everybody -- Matt, Meredith, Al and Ann. And they waited patiently for their "turn"...hoping against hope that they'd get the "skutch" on the air...

I never thought about that before. How many people get up before dawn to go to the TODAY show -- because they've risked everything they own for an invention they are passionate about. And this is their best chance...maybe their last hope...

It was a thrill for me to meet Ed that morning and root for him. Please go to his website and read his inspiring story. AND -- the Skutch is made out of a very high quality fleece -- and you can EMBROIDER absolutely any logo, name, or message on it. So, check out his website: MySkutch.com

Because of meeting Ed -- in the future -- when I'm watching the TODAY show -- if I see people trying to get their products on the show -- I'll think about the years of hard work they've put into the thing...and I will BE ROOTING FOR THEM.!

p.s. INCIDENTALLY, Ed is selling the Skutch for only $34.99...and that is a TERRIFIC BARGAIN...you and I both know how much quality fleece costs!! So ORDER SEVERAL OF THEM -- they'd be great gifts for any sports fans, or in the winter, when we're all trying to turn down our thermostats!!

GO ED!!

PP.S. I am in Puyallup for the 2011 Sewing & Stitchery Expo Planning meeting. It is beautiful here...and I'm getting LOTS OF NEW pictures for the blog!! In a few days, I will post my very best picture from New York City...I'll give you a hint...it's somebody famous falling in love with the Hey Rita TOTE...

No comments:

Post a Comment