Friday, June 11, 2010

Mary's Salad Soup

Mary read my blog and then -- like magic -- she sent me this recipe!! I NEVER think about a cold soup...this is a very refreshing summer dish. I'm going to make it day, but will substitute SALSA for the tomatoes because the grocery store tomatoes still suck.

Thanks, Mary!

********

Diane's Salad Soup

Mix the following in the blender:
1 clove garlic, minced
1 T. sugar
1-1/2 tsp. salt
1 large can V-8 Juice
1/4 c. salad oil
2 T lemon juice
1 tsp. Worchestershire sauce

Stir in the following uncooked vegetables:
3 tomatoes, cut up in small pieces
1 cucumber, peeled, finely diced
1 green pepper, finely diced
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup thinly sliced celery
1/4 c. thinly sliced green onions

Chill the soup at least one hour--better if it's
overnight. Good for lunch or as a salad
substitute.
(Diane is my good friend since 3rd grade.
When our parents married at advanced ages,
she and I became stepsisters!)

No comments:

Post a Comment