Thursday, July 29, 2010

Iowa Writing Summer Camp

My LAST CLASS of the summer. I attended a one-week Column writing workshop in Iowa City. On the last day of the weeklong session, there's a lovely dinner at the "Boathouse"

Our class had their own table -- with a GREAT view of the lake...Debbi, Kathy, Ginna, Rita, Peggy, Linda and Libby.

The next picture is of our classroom -- where we're working on the last day of the class. Debbi is taking this pic. There were so many interesting women at this workshop... A CPA from Arizona, an editor from Virginia, an attorney from Philadelphia...they write about things like sustainable agriculture, their love of pets, dealing with abusive relationships...their writing can be moving...it's a spectacular learning experience...
On Day Two, I spilled a large cup of scalding hot coffee on my laptop -- so here I am, going back to basics...writing with a notebook and a pen...

Linda Bendorf, our teacher, having a conference with Debbi -- at the coffee shop, of course!! It is SOOO Iowa City...
It was a great class...and we worked really hard. I drove back and forth every day...and by the time it was over -- I coulda slept for a week....

No comments:

Post a Comment