Tuesday, August 3, 2010

James Hotel Breakfast

Okay...the place to go is the JAMES HOTEL in downtown Chicago. The most magnificent breakfast I ever ate.. Even their presentation of the simple butter & jam is sooo classy. The butter is on a little wooden plank -- with some pink salt sprinkled on top...gee -- WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT??

Here's a close-up of the omelet. Caramelized onions, sirloin tips and Gorgonzola cheese

Of course, the best thing about my time in Chicago was SPENDING TIME WITH MY HEALTHY FRIEND, MARION...here we are, in our booth, looking out on Ontario Avenue...

Her tea came to the table in this amazing little pot -- is it the sweetest thing you ever saw?

This is my favorite picture of Marion. She's one of those women who travels with her own little bags of "decaffeinated" tea bags. SOOO organized!!

We had a jam-packed three days in downtown Chicago! And every minute, we're thinking how fortunate we are to be doing this together. For soooo many reasons...

Thanks for getting better, Marion!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious! I'm having a baby shower this weekend and just got some Himalayan pink from Sustainable Sourcing https://secure.sustainablesourcing.com and I think I'll put some on top of the butter too. It's all in the details!

    ReplyDelete