Wednesday, August 18, 2010

2010 Hummingbird Summer

John has turned the feeding of hummingbirds into an extreme sport. When Lilly visits, she has a high chair 12" away from a hummingbird feeder.

No matter how hard I try -- my pictures (through the screen) of the hummies just do NOT do them justice...

So -- after breakfast yesterday -- I tried to make a video. It's about 4 minutes long. Given my limited skills, and the fact that I am looking at the hummies through a screen -- I am DElighted with how it turned out. Hey -- these hummingbirds are very entertaining!! I only wish YOU could come join me for LUNCH on the porch one day!!


And, I have to tell you -- this was a pretty good morning showing. But there are TWICE AS MANY HUMMINGBIRDS in the evening. There is so much chirping, it's hard to have a conversation...

No comments:

Post a Comment