Sunday, August 1, 2010

Enjoying the "Firsts"

I've decided one of the best things about being a Grandma is you get to enjoy the "firsts" all over again. And nothing is more exciting than a "first". Think about it. What "firsts" do you remember in your life? First day of school? First kiss? First apartment? First job?

Sparta, Wisconsin still has one of those old A&W Root Beer kind of drive-in restaurants. Rudy's. Here we are, on a beautiful summer day -- what "first" do you think Lillian is about to experience?


That's right -- ice cream!!

Oh, yeah -- this Grandma thing is so much fun...

I have enjoyed Lillian's first smile, first words, first steps, first Christmas...

I'm looking forward to all of it -- and the best thing about being the GRANDMA -- this time around -- I know how important it is to not rush any of it. And simply ENJOY THE MOMENT...

And, because I'm older and so much wiser -- I not only see the "firsts" coming -- I also realize how quickly the inevitable "lasts" will happen....

Try as I might, I cannot remember the last time I rocked Ross to sleep, or the the last time I carried Elliott up the stairs to his room...the last time I read them a bedtime story or flew a kite...

We've already experienced the last time Lillian walked on her knees. It was so adorable and unique. Such a "Lilly Thing"....and before you know it -- it's over and she will never do it again. She's a confident walker now -- so knee-walking is already a fading memory...something she used to do...see the video below...you'll see what I mean...

No comments:

Post a Comment