Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Charlotte, Cathy & Mystery Guest

Here I am, wearing my FABULOUS SWEATER COAT -- in one of the classrooms... hamming it up with one of the students. Although, why was I posing? I can't remember what I thought was picture-worthy...

THIS is a picture of me and the beautiful Cathy Swanson...she was wearing a great jacket -- I remember commenting on that -- but the picture didn't really show her jacket...altho I love my little purple t-shirt fringe scarf. I have worn that thing A TON this year...

And here I am with Charlotte -- who I know from YEARS AGO -- I first met her at the Michigan Bishop Sewing event. She is an active member of the Creative Sewing Machine newsletter -- and we recently enjoyed visiting on that newsgroup...

That's one of the best things about Expo. Getting a chance to see the people I only see ONCE A YEAR. Judy, Chris, Marilyn, Bonne, Jan, Cathy, Mary, London, the CTA's, the vendors -- I LOVE EXPO..!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Rita, That first picture is with my friend, Linda Machado. She and I met about 1.5 yrs ago on a Yahoo Group (she was camping not far me for the winter in sunny CA and we hit it off immediately) and attended Expo this year together for the first time for both of us. Since then, I visited her in AK last Sept. and we attended an embroidery class, she came this way last fall (she has family living near me), my DH and I got to spend this summer in AK and Linda and I got in hours of sewing, she is coming this way in Nov. and we are going to an Anita Goodesign class. All because of sewing! Life is good. Karen Jautaikis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rita
    I see Cathy every week, as we teach 4-H sewing together. She is doing awesome! She has to do one more round of chemo, as there's still some nast ol' cancer floating around. But, the doctors are confident that should be it for a while. I met Charlotte through the Expo Yahoo groups, as she's a regular poster on there also.
    Laura in Puyallup

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes -- that first photo is my good friend Linda from Alaska. I think she was inviting me to visit her fair state -- is that right, Linda? It IS ON my "bucket list", babe...be very careful what you pray for...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a surprise to see myself on your blog!! I had forgotten about that picture--taken at Kathy McMakin's class, I think? I love Expo, too, for all the friends I see as well as the classes--and let's not forget the Shopping!! LOL
    By the way, I still belong to Michigan Bishop Sewing, even though I haven't lived in Michigan since 1960....(I visit as often as I can, though...)

    ReplyDelete