Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Iowa City Piano in the Park

Every year, I take classes at the Iowa Writing Festival. They do a wonderful job -- the teachers and students come from all our the world. And Iowa City makes a great impression on all the visitors. With trendy shops, excellent restaurants, friendly and courteous clerks and waiters -- well, it all comes across as very cosmopolitan.
Sometimes -- Iowa City can even surprise an IOWA NATIVE like me...




The really wonderful part of this Piano thing is that the city just plunks the piano down in a public area -- and pedestrians are encouraged to sit and play. Somebody told me there is a piano in Times Square in New York City this summer. IS THAT TRUE??

I really should go to see it for myself...Hey -- somebody sent me the website for NEW YORK CITY PIANOS...

No comments:

Post a Comment