Sunday, September 12, 2010

Ladies Who Lunch

I am very fortunate to have a LOT OF INTERESTING events happening where I live. For example, take this delicious piece of chocolate cake...

The tables were set up with different vintage accessories -- we had navy blue gloves and some vintage eyeglasses...

So -- what was this luncheon all about? Why did 100 of us come to the lovely Raddison hotel on this beautiful summer day??
On this day, the event was, "Hot flashes, Hot pads, and Hot dishes - a humorous look at growing up in the late '50's" with author Janet Martin.

Janet Martin is the co-author of "Growing up Lutheran: What Does This Mean" which inspired the popular Church Basement Ladies plays.

Here's Susan Collins, from my wonderful Midwest Writing Center, wearing a charming apron -- as she gets ready to introduce Janet Martin...

WHO WAS HILARIOUS....
This is me, enjoying the ladies at my table -- who all thought I looked great in the 50's bifocals...

No comments:

Post a Comment