Monday, August 16, 2010

Pictures of Tomato Pie

Okay -- it started with Linda P's recipe for "Southern Tomato Pie" -- which I posted on August 8. John grows some BIG tomatoes. After I cut the hard core out of this one -- I sliced it and put it in a colander so the water could drain out....

The recipe said to pre-bake the pie shell for 10 minutes. Mine shrunk up quite a bit...but I was not discouraged...

And, the recipe called for green onions which I did not have. So I used sliced Vidalia onions...which I love in everything...

This tomato pie was DELICIOUS...I served it with fresh hot popovers. A serious bit of summer deliciousness...

Another summer supper on the porch. Ross and John were less than delighted with me always TAKING PICTURES...I hope they get over it soon.

Hopefully, your family will eat this pie in one sitting -- because the crust will get soggy as it cools. If you wanted to take it to a picnic -- I'd make it without the crust, and serves it on top of toast, or maybe a square of puff pastry...

No comments:

Post a Comment