Saturday, August 21, 2010

Ritaluck Pillowcases

So -- okay -- Bert and I are at an auction. (shocking, I know)... There is a box with at least five sets of white-on-white embroidered pillowcases. Without looking very closely (because that would only draw attention to the treasure, y'know) -- I bought the box for $20. WHAT A BONANZA. The pillowcases are all large, and, apparently -- unused. Although there is some staining from being folded and stored in a drawer for the last 50 years -- they are in perfect condition and the embroidery is exquisite.

One set had elaborate cutwork embroidery work...

And the last set I got out of the box had a fabulous embroidered monogram. Yes, of course...IT WAS THE LETTER "F"....

To answer your question. Yes, I do know that I am a very lucky person...

They don't call it "Ritaluck" for nothin'....

1 comment:

  1. All that lovely hand embroidery. Rarely see it anymore with all these fancy-smancy machines. I wonder if a carefully applied bleach stick would take out the stains.
    I could see cutting one set carefully apart and making a pinafore for Lillian.
    Laura in Puyallup

    ReplyDelete