Thursday, August 19, 2010

Treasure Hunting!!

As you know -- my friend Bert & I go off every Saturday for some kind of junking adventure. We've been doing this for many years -- long before we ever heard the term "pickers". A couple of times a year -- we go to Princeton, Illinois -- to the Sherwood Antique Mall. IT IS HUGE...

You NEVER know what you're going to find...

Isn't this a charming painting?

This table was only $60 -- and THANK GOD I wasn't driving a pick-up truck...

OH NO...IS THAT REALLY AN OLD CAT CLOCK??

Bert gives me a hard time about my ugly lamp fetish...this pole lamp would look great in my living room....if I didn't already have a funky pole lamp in that spot...

But -- wow-- TWO LAMPS -- what an interesting shape!! If only I had that 1950's room -- with a sofa and two of those tiered end tables!!

Another great day with Bert. We talk, we laugh, we do what I call the "download" on each others week...

Cuz the real treasure isn't the shopping...it's the time spent with a friend...

1 comment:

  1. I love the shot of the old patterns. I'm sure the same pattern with the stuffed animals is also in a box with my mom's sewing things. What a fun memory. -Anne

    ReplyDelete