Thursday, September 9, 2010

The "Before" Pictures of Lillian's Room

Today I am posting the few "before" pictures I took of the little junk room (formerly known as my office) -- this was taken AFTER hours of hauling out bags of miscellaneous trash -- preparing the area so it could morph into Lillian's new bedroom...


This was SUCH A MAJOR UNDERTAKING. In the beginning, I couldn't even open the door to the room to TAKE a darn picture... At this point, I had already removed one gigantic antique oak office desk -- and dozens of bags of trash, boxes of old files, books, magazines, folders, catalogues, etc.
In the first month of clearing shelves and drawers -- I took 17 large garbage bags to the Goodwill store...and ANOTHER 10 went right into the dumpster...

So -- these pictures don't show the worst of it. But, because of Lillian -- I've given up my hoarding ways. (John is very happy about this development).

Making a clean, comfortable, baby-proof room for her was way more important than hanging on to boxes and bags of STUFF.

Hey -- when I realized THAT WAS MY CHOICE -- it was absolutely noooo contest!!

One dy soon -- drumroll -- I'm going to post a video of Lillian's NEW ROOM..!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! You left me hanging. I want to see the after photo! I have a room exactly like yours and I want to see the possibilities. Of course, I need to let go of so much stuff...

    ReplyDelete