Thursday, September 23, 2010

Schmetz Booth at Baby Lock Tech

I live in Iowa -- Rhonda Pierce lives in Chicago. We left our respective homes at 6:00 AM and drove to Lincoln, Illinois. We arrived at the same spot on the map within 5 minutes of each other...

Then, with her loaded SUV, Rhonda drove the rest of the way to St. Louis. She is a PACKER EXTRAORDINAIRE...here's what the back of her vehicle looked like...thank goodness I had only one small suitcase.



Rhonda doesn't even know how organized she is. Imagine my surprise when I reached into her glove compartment to find a pen...there it was, with a pad (from Mary Mulari) -- all neatly stored in a ziplock bag...I swear -- I NEVER would've thought of that...and I've spent hours rummaging through my car, house or purse for a lost pen...


After we set up the booth, a fellow vendor comes by to say hello -- our very own Linda McGehee...one of the hardest working women in the sewing industry...

We had a very busy night...Rhonda answered LOTS OF sewing machine needle questions...

AND we saw some amazing sewing machine embroidery...these pants are INCREDIBLE...go Baby Lock...!

Here I am, holding up the "Super Needle". I finished my Walgreen's shirt...my level of sewing doesn't QUITE compete with the beautiful embroidered garments displayed in the Schmetz booth...

I like to think of myself as the comic relief...

No comments:

Post a Comment