Sunday, October 3, 2010

7 Days A Week Quilt

At the recent Mississippi Quilt Show -- this was the show-stopper quilt for me. Here's what was written on the "entry form"...

Grandma's Linen Closet by Jan Kruger:

My Aunt embroidered the vintage 1940's days of the week towels. I embroidered, appliqued the remaining five blocks and pieced the quilt in reproduction fabrics


Here's a picture of the finished quilt. GORGEOUS...

And, few close-ups of the individual "blocks"...






Remember my set of vintage Seven Days A Week dishtowels? I took great pleasure in laundering them -- and the embroidery was EXTRAORDINARY...



Although both were done with the same "pattern" -- I'm pretty sure it was a 1940's Aunt Martha's embroidery transfer -- they were very different. My set used an invisible turned-edge applique technique. The quilt used a blanket stitch to outline the aprons and bonnets. For me, this is a great example of why sewing is such a unique creative hobby. Every choice you make is individual -- and the finished project is a combination of your own personal taste and level of expertise...

WHAT A FIND, EH??!!

Ritaluck.......all the way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment