Thursday, October 28, 2010

Deborah and Simon

FINALLY! My embroidery-crazed sister Deborah got to meet her sewing star idol -- Simon Haskins!! If you are a regular reader of this blog -- you may remember an actual video of Simon talking to Deb on my cellphone...

Yes, she's a HUGE FAN of his...

Behind this embroidered masterpiece -- my sister Deborah...taking part in an all-day hands-on class with Simon Haskins -- in Paducah, Ky.


After attending Simon's class -- Deb sent me this note:

The day was awesome Simon did a great job teaching the class and keeping everyone on track. We learned different things about stabilizer-how to weave ribbon on sticky stabilizer and attach to a design-how to use fabric softner to get the sticky off the fabric by letting it soak in water. It was really neat seeing the quilts that you have seen in magazines.

Simon was just like I thought he would be -- creative and fun loving. He is all about just getting it done.


This is a picture of my sister Deborah on the left, Simon, and her friend Nancy...

This is my favorite picture...of Deb and Simon...I'm gonna have it framed...

AFTER the class -- Simon sent me this note:

Rita -- Your sister is a doll you are lucky to have her and she is drop dead stunning. We had a great day she was wonderful to have in the class full of energy and happiness.


No comments:

Post a Comment