Wednesday, October 13, 2010

October 13 -- Deborah meets Simon

Okay -- THIS IS SO MUCH FUN. Simon Haskins is on a whirlwind midwestern tour -- in the weeks before the International Quilt Market in Houston. Here's a picture of Simon at the Spring Quilt Market -- as he autographs a book for my sister Deborah -- his biggest fan.

You ALREADY KNOW what a huge fan she is -- she loves Jenny Haskins embroidery designs -- and I believe she's made 27 embroidered silk quilts so far. (that is only a slight exaggeration)...

This is the back of her denim jacket -- adorned with Simon's designs...

Well -- as you know -- she embroiders clothes for me ALL THE TIME. And she will never accept any money...but today I figured out a way to PAY HER BACK...

I have arranged with Simon's host shop -- in Paducah -- to present Deborah with a gift certificate at the beginning of the day!!

SURPRISE, DEB!! And -- hey -- KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment