Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Quilt Stories

When I went to the local quilt show -- I was so struck by how unique every single quilt was. How women used their sewing skills to "tell a story". One of my favorites was the quilt a Grandma made for her grandson -- who had always loved his boxer shorts. Do you see the story? That Grandma's love and sense of humor...every block is made out of outgrown boxers...with a few carefully placed t-shirts...

There were some great t-shirt quilts -- sometimes, combining the technology of printing photos on fabric -- very special...

One woman made a memory quilt, using her father's ties...

What a beautiful quilt -- to help keep her father close...

WHAT A GREAT DAY. We had a wonderful time! Inspirational quilts, lunch at Riefe's, shopping at Ritzi Reruns...

My two Lindas...and Sandy....my little book club. You know what a big fan I am of spending time with women friends. It's the only way you can keep your head on straight!!

We've enjoyed our summer breakfast club so much we decided to keep it going YEAR-AROUND.. right, girls??!!

Hey -- everybody oughta have a posse...and these are my people....yes, life is good...

No comments:

Post a Comment