Saturday, October 16, 2010

Shopping in Kalona, Iowa

I wonder what year it was when -- in the State of Iowa -- this would have been considered a "State of the Art" bathroom...??

On our recent day trip to Kalona, Iowa -- Bert and I found many interesting shops...

Probably the MOST INTRIGUING thing we saw on this day was this recycled chandelier...with plastic doll body parts hanging down...it was $99. Really?? ICK, ICK, ICK...

One of our favorite antique malls...yes, it used to be a church...

I loved this child size iron bed. The Hey Rita tote was ready for a nap...

Here are the two BEST ideas I got all day...and both of them will surely turn up in the next Midwest Ya Ya show. I love, love, love this fake fur muff. I think muffs make a lot of senses -- and I have a small collection now...

AND THIS FABULOUS SHAWL. It is probably 60 years old -- and the extra long fringe is what makes it so spectacular. Can't you just see this done with t-shirt fringe? Bert does NOT enjoy being my Saturday-treasure-hunting model...

I mean -- c'mon -- is not always possible to take a picture of YOUR BACK, BERT. But, fine -- whatever you say...

No comments:

Post a Comment