Friday, November 12, 2010

My Farmer Cousin

I'm sorry October is over. Hey -- that could be a song title..? I got married in October. Both my mother and my mother-in-law had October birthdays. My son Ross was born in October...It's always been my favorite month of the year....cool weather, beautiful leaves...

And -- let me tell you -- there is no more beautiful place in the world than Iowa during the harvest. Everywhere I look, I see farmers out in the fields, picking the corn and soybeans. The scenery changes overnight. Miles and miles of 12' tall cornfields -- get shaved off during harvest. It's like the entire countryside gets a butch haircut.

I was thinking that I should take some pictures of the combines -- doing their work in the cornfields and soybean fields around my house. Then -- SURPRISE --my cousin Rodney was interviewed for the Quad Cities Times. And they put up a little video on their website. I couldn't figure out how to get it up on this blog -- until I used my little Canon digital camera to actually MAKE the video off the computer screen...

Hey -- it's a sucky video -- but you'll get the idea!


So what you see is a video of a video...maybe not the best quality -- but you get my point. GREAT JOB, RODNEY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment