Monday, November 8, 2010

My favorite Halloween story

Last year, for Thanksgiving, both Ross and Elliott were home. That was a rare treat for me...here's a picture of Elliott -- with Lilly and Emily...
And, moments later, I took a picture of Ross with Emily and Lilly...

The next time the two of them are in a room together, I'll get a picture of the two brothers...

Because, at Halloween, I always remember when the boys were growing up. They loved dressing up and going trick-or-treating in McCausland. I'd stay at Aunt Glad's house and hand out the candy while they walked around the town with their friends...

They shared a bedroom...and one Halloween night, I overheard Ross explaining to Elliott that he had to "hide the candy"...because if you didn't hide it -- Mom would eat all the Snickers out of the bag.

Elliott said, "where do you hide it from Mom?"

Ross replied,, "the best place is under the kitchen sink with all the cleaning supplies...she never goes there."

1 comment: