Friday, December 3, 2010

Last word on GRAVY

After ALL THIS TALK about gravy -- I volunteered to make the gravy for Amy's Thanksgiving dinner. I used chicken stock to make a triple batch and keep it flavorful...

Of course, in order to get those drippings -- I also had to MAKE A TURKEY....Amy was also making a turkey. John is lifting our turkey into a "carrying pan" for transport. Hey, it's a lot easier to make two small turkeys rather than one big one...and she was feeding almost 30 people. Yikes.

In this picture, Dean is carving turkey #1...

I've gotta say -- the gravy was delicious. The next picture is one of my favorites from Thanksgiving 2010. My book clubber, Linda P., sent it to me. This is her daughter, Whitney in the kitchen of her new house, wearing the apron her Mom made for her (Mary Mulari's Chatterbox pattern). Toasting the holiday with one of her good crystal goblets....

That's right....drinking gravy....

No comments:

Post a Comment