Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Lillian & Memphis Restylin'

John says I HAVE TO STOP....this shopping, then restyling of clothes for Memphis and Lillian has turned into an obsession.

I don't know when I've had more fun...but John is right. AND IT PAINS ME TO ADMIT THAT...but, at some point, Nicole is gonna lock her door when she sees me pulling in her driveway. Because Memphis is REALLY GETTING INTO THE WHOLE FASHION THING...

All the boys in her family are HUGE IOWA FOOTBALL FANS...so, when I found the little turtleneck, size 2, embroidered with the word "Hawkeyes" -- I knew it was the start of a one-of-a-kind designer football fan outfit...



I dug through my stash and found a regular "IOWA" t-shirt -- and it was time to LET THE FUN BEGIN...

The t-shirts turned into a little pleated skirt...which I sewed onto the bottom of the turtleneck -- then I re-stitched the yellow hem from the t-shirt...

Here is one of my favorite pictures-taken-into-a-mirror. Gee, this kid is cute. AND IS THAT THE MOST ADORABLE IOWA HAWKEYES DRESS YOU'VE EVER SEEN??

Honestly...why isn't there a "recycled t-shirts for toddlers" contest someplace?? SIGN ME UP!!

No comments:

Post a Comment