Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Puff Pastry MAGIC

One of my FAVORITE things to order at our local Greek restaurant is their "Spinach Pie". It is sooo delicious. I could eat it every week...

But, hey, when push comes to shove -- I have figured out a simple close-enough-to-satisfy-me-version...

I start off by simply cooking some frozen puff pastry...

THEN, I saute some onions and a whole box full of frozen spinach (thaw in the microwave and squeeze out the water)...then, I add six beaten eggs, 1/2 cup of FETA cheese, and maybe some Parmesan as well...Cook over medium heat...until eggs are set...

Then -- serve on top of the Puff Pastry....

As far as I'm concerned, frozen puff pastry is reason enough to have a freezer in the house.

2 comments:

  1. That looks fabulous! I may have to experiment with this. I'm hosting a baby shower on a Saturday morning for my niece. Wondering if cute little versions of this would be fun to do? Are they best right off the stove? I may have to plan the timing....

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best thing about it is that it's really good either hot OR served at room temp....little versions would be very cute. My son likes it with Muenster cheese instead of Feta...GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete