Saturday, December 18, 2010

Ronda's 80 Nativity Sets

Wow -- all I had to was show a little picture of me editing the SewExpo Registration Brochure -- and I got EMAILS with a ton of questions...

The QUICKEST WAY FOR you to see what's happening at the 2011 Sewing & Stitchery Expo is to GO TO THE WEBSITE. The Registration Brochure will be posted on Monday, December 27 -- and you will be able to print it (as a PDF).

AND -- PLEASE REMEMBER -- REGISTRATION WILL NOT BEGIN UNTIL JANUARY -- after we get the ticket office set up and open.

***************
I LOVE this picture. On Mary's first night in Iowa (during her annual December visit) -- we went to my sister Ronda's house for soup. Ronda's big job in December is to replace her GIGANTIC pig collection with her equally GIGANTIC nativity collection...if you look into the background of this picture, thre are at least seven nativity sets displayed...
And, in the living room -- every shelf and every surface is sporting it's Christmas nativity...

Ronda's grandchildren don't seem to think there's anything unusual about a house that has 100 nativity sets displayed...

Ronda made this little village of houses...it took her MANY YEARS...

And, among the Christmas nativity sets -- there is this one, lone pig left on display...Well, to be fair -- it IS a Christmas pig...

Can anybody out there top 100 nativity sets?? Do you know of a support group??

3 comments:

  1. I havent't counted lately but every year I add more and this year I added at least 6 to my collection! I have them all over in my house too.
    My count of Nativities include a whole tree with them on it and a high plate rail shelf that goes 3/4ths of the way around my Living room has the all Miniature ones on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did Aunt Ronda ISSUE all that COLD WEATHER GEAR or did everyone bring their own coats and scarves?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Anonymous,
    SHOCKED that you are reading my blog, son. As you know -- we all pack our own parkas for Aunt Ronda's house. love ya, Elliott...

    ReplyDelete