Saturday, February 12, 2011

Lillian, Sophie

This is not a new topic...Lillian and her dog Sophie...
I have never seen anything like it. Sophie is her constant companion, and Lilly takes such comfort in her little dog...

They are always aware of one another...


If I want Lilly to sit on my lap, all I have to do is get Sophie to jump up...


On Christmas morning, Lilly took this little comfort break...


If things got too quiet -- I'd check on the stairs...Lilly's quiet place...and there she was, sitting with Sophie...

Recently, Lilly spent four nights at our house. She sleeps in her own little room -- in a pack & play. When she is napping, Sophie is right outside her bedroom door. The minute I open the door -- Sophie rushes in...



The first three of those nights were blissful. Lillian went to bed at 8:30 PM and didn't wake up until 8:30 AM. Perfect. However, on the last night -- she was up at Midnight, and nothing would calm her down. We're talking serious screaming...

So, here's my confession. At 2:30 AM, I put Sophie in bed with Lilly. I closed the door -- and that was that. I checked 30 minutes later, and Lilly was sound asleep, holding onto Sophie's ear...

Sophie gave me this look that seemed to say, "what took you so long?"

No comments:

Post a Comment