Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Year In The Life

Lilly was born in March 2009. This is a picture of her first Thanksgiving. She was 8 months old...
And this is my favorite Thanksgiving 2010 picture of Lilly....one year later...


The changes were so subtle...I almost didn't notice...but suddenly -- WOW -- the baby was gone

And that's how it happens. Because just a moment ago, I was sitting in this chair, holding my baby, Elliott -- who is now holding his baby, Lillian...it all moves so fast...



My favorite Broadway Play is Rent. I always cry when I hear the song "Seasons of Love"...I tried to figure out a hyperlink here so you could click and then HEAR THE SONG...but you know how cranky the internet is about music nowadays...if you have never heard the song -- Google "Seasons of Love"...

the first stanza:

Five hundred twenty-five thousand
Six hundred minutes,
Five hundred twenty-five thousand
Moments so dear.
Five hundred twenty-five thousand
Six hundred minutes
How do you measure, measure a year?

In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights
In cups of coffee
In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife.
***************
I'm just sayin...

1 comment:

  1. Love Rent! We've seen it every time it has come to Seattle.
    Laura in Puyallup

    ReplyDelete