Thursday, February 3, 2011

Dinner at the Blackhawk

Gheesh...how many pictures did I take at the Blackhawk Hotel??

Here we are -- settling in for our special dinner at the Blackhawk...Kim, Deena, Ronda...


On the other side of the big, luxurious curved booth -- Billie, Jackie & Linda -- who are you talking to on our cellphone, Lin?? TURN IT OFF...

You know how much I love taking pictures into mirrors...here's my crew, waiting for the elevator.

Hey -- I HAD TO GET THE SHOE SHOT...I'm wearing the festive red pants...and that's my trusty wintertime Merrills...

The new swimming pool is STUNNING...it even has a handicap chair lift ...

Birthday girl, Deena -- me and Ronda -- again, in the dining room. Which is called the "Bix Bistro". I think. The service was slow that night -- but, remember -- it was their 'SOFT OPENING"...so they were still trying to figure things out.
And that night was not about the food. We were sooooo overdue for this get-together. There is just something so comfortable about a group of women who grew up together, sitting down to enjoy a nice meal NONE OF US HAD TO COOK...

Hey -- you never know where we'll be NEXT year at this time. Our special girls-only-fancy dinner was something very outside of our usual comfort zone -- and I think every now and then, that's a really GOOD THING! (my comfort zone is just a tad north of a McDonald's Happy meal)...

No comments:

Post a Comment