Thursday, February 17, 2011

Lillian's Room -- the AFTER pictures

Okay -- the "after" pictures of Lillia's room aren't exactly ready yet...but I wanted to do a little review.

Lillian was about a year old when I realized she NEEDED HER OWN SPACE. Having her sleep in the pack & play in her parents' room just wasn't going to work. NOBODY was getting any sleep under that system.

My first mission was to CLEAR THE ROOM. Ugh. When we built this house in 1981, that room was Elliott's nursery. Then it became my sewing room. After that, it became John's den. Then, I got it back as an office...

Since I started using my laptop to do most of my work -- that room had become a neglected catch-all. Full of shelves and large cabinets piled high with old papers, magazines, boxes of books, garbage bags full of clothes on their way to the Goodwill...I couldn't even tell you what all was taking up space in that little room. But I do know this -- it could easily have served as my audition for the "Hoarder's Show".

It was SO MUCH WORK...but I did a little every single day...and after about a month -- I could see the floor again!! I removed a 5' oak desk and a large credenza...and moved in a twin bed and Lillian's pack & play...

Then -- remember the wall treatment? I decided to put fabric on the wall -- using fabric starch..


this was the beginning...

AND -- I promise -- the "AFTER" pictures are coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment