Thursday, March 3, 2011

FIRST DAY OF THE SHOW

Today is the OPENING DAY of the Sewing & Stitchery Expo in Puyallup, Washington. Here are some pictures from last year's show.

For the last 365 days, I've worked every single day, doing something, to promote the Sewing & Stitchery website. Last year, by the time the show was over, we already knew who we wanted to "get" for 2011. AND WE DID. Nancy Zieman is doing our Friday Night LIVE show -- and Ricky Tims will be on stage for Quilter's Night Out with a beautiful grand piano!!

Every day I work with Joanne Ross (Chair of the show), Ann Sagawa (Education) and Janet York (Operations) to make it the best show it can be. It REALLY DOES TAKE A VILLAGE...

This year -- we launched a new website, we accomplished online registration...and LEARNED MANY LESSONS...

As you are readiing this blog, the four of us are already at the Fairgrounds in Puyallup. We're worried about the weather (one year it snowed -- remember the earthquake?)

This job is like living the movie, "Field of Dreams"...if you build it -- they will come...




And we spend a year building this incredible 4-day consumer sewing show. PLEASE, PLEASE -- COME...!!


Look for me...I'll be wearing some kind of embroidered-show-logo jacket or shirt!!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the second picture! In the first everyone is headed "home," but I see in the second they're in a line that loops back around! LOL! I'll be looking for you on Saturday if I'm not literally snowed in like last weekend! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. On our way this afternoon to be there Friday & Saturday! Very excited. I'd love to see a show 'history' some time - when it started, when it moved to the fairgrounds, when it went from 2 -> 3 -> 4 and more days... I'm sure it would be interesting to see the growth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica Lemley-CarballoMarch 3, 2011 at 7:13 PM

    I stopped you to say hello today, and tell you that I read your blog! Thanks for all your hard work to promote the expo. I forgot to introduce myself. So, Hi! I'm Jessica. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love everything you do for Sew Expo, I look forward to it every year, was there today, enjoyed it all and will be back tomorrow for seminars and Friday Night Live!! Love that show. sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rita,
    Congratulations on a great event! Day one has been a blast for me-- I can only imagine what Friday will bring!


    Denise Holguin

    ReplyDelete